FACT: An estimated 20% of all cancer deaths in the U.S. are linked to being overweight.
FACT: Deaths from diabetes are projected to grow worldwide by 50% over the next decade.
FACT: Obesity related heart disease kills 17 million yearly.
FACT: The risk of stroke goes up as body weight increases. Those 10-19% overweight have a 50% increased risk of stroke; for people at least 20% overweight and considered obese, the risk doubles.
Did you know that for the first time ever the number of overweight people in the world has surpassed the number of starving ones?
Global obesity is on the rise and the latest figures show that the number of overweight people worldwide will double by 2015.
World weight figures are again under the spotlight as the latest figures released by the UN show that there are more overweight people in the world than those who are undernourished.
Obesity is becoming a world health problem as more and more people fail to keep their diets and weight under check and continue to consume diets that are rich in fat and carbohydrates.
Combined with the rise in overweight and obese people, come the inevitable rises in heart attacks, high blood pressure cases and diabetes, never mind the illnesses such as cancer, which can be indirectly associated with obesity as well.
When you look at some of the figures stated below, it is important that you are looking at the figures related to obese people which can be defined as those that are grossly overweight. The statistics related to those that are just overweight are just too frightening to even look at.
Statistics record that America is now the leader in obese people with a conservative figure of 30.6% of all adults being obese. USA is followed by Mexico at 24.2% and the UK at 23%. In the UK alone it is estimated that more than half of the population is overweight.
Prime Causes Of Obesity:
1) Poor Diet: The western world especially is cursed with the abundance of tasty and tempting fast food outlets, ready to eat meals that are pre-cooked and high in preservatives, foods that are fatty and are rich in carbohydrates. In addition to this, most people eat insufficient fresh fruit and vegetables. The results of this are excessive weight gain, colon problems and high cholesterol counts.
Simply by reducing the amount of “Quick Food” in your diet and opting for more healthy diet options, and including plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables in your diet, you will find that you will feel better, have more energy and will start to lose weight. The fresh fruit and vegetables will aid you to regain colon functions thereby reducing your risk of some cancers.
2) Excessive Eating: Everybody knows that the best way to reduce your weight is to reduce your calorie intake by eating less, and to increase your exercise, but few are able to implement these simply requirements of weight loss. One of the huge culprits that cause overeating, or should I say excessive eating, is the age old problem of snacking between meals. Snacking between meals is the factor responsible for most weight gain and our modern world that makes everything convenient, contributes immensely to your weight gain woes. Snacks are readily available from vending machines, corner stores and the local fast food outlet. Chocolates, french fries, hamburgers etc, are available on demand almost anywhere, and so resisting the urge to snack between meals is almost impossible and the resultant weight gain problems are inevitable.
3) Lack Of Pure Drinking Water: Failing to drink sufficient pure water contributes to obesity. Water is essential to the correct functioning of your body as is the prime means of cleansing and removing toxins and waste from the body. The normal functioning of the body is affected by these toxins which also slow down your metabolism an cause weight gain.
**The average adult should consume approx 2.5t to 3 litres of fresh water per day.
**Research has shown that merely by drinking sufficient quality water, you increase your weight loss results by as much as 25%.
The ViSalus product line offers simple, complete solutions to help with your weight loss and fitness goals. When it comes to losing weight and keeping it off, we all face many of the same obstacles.
ViSalus™ offers exceptional solutions to most Dieter’s three main challenges:
1. Eating right and cutting calories
2. Boosting a tired metabolism and helping with energy
3. Helping calm hunger and the stress of dieting
Best of all, the program provides a simple way to not only lose weight, but to help you keep it off too!
The Body by Vi Challenge takes the power of these products, and gives you a game plan for success.
ViSalus products give your body what it needs to lose weight. No more counting calories or trying to balance how to get the right mix of nutrients within your calorie limit. You can define HOW you use it to meet your lifestyle, even a lifestyle that’s on the go.
Vi-Shape® Nutritional Shake Mix
- Unique blend of proteins for fast and long-lasting hunger control
- Low carbohydrates and sodium
- Aminogen™ for maximum protein absorption
- Pre-biotic for digestive health
- 23 vitamins & minerals in an amazing-tasting Sweet Cream flavor
Vi-Slim™ Metabolism Boosting Tablets
- Chocamine™ (cocoa extract) that boosts your metabolism and mood
- Increases energy
- Green tea for thermogenic (calorie burning) activity
- Evodiamine (a Chinese herb) increases metabolism
- Helps your body burn fat and promotes lean muscle mass
Vi-Trim™ Take Hold of your Hunger Drink Mix
- Patent-pending formula calms hunger and increases energy
- PEA (found in chocolate) helps manage stress
- Helps prevent fat production
- Helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
Easy as 1-2-3!
Take the Body By Vi™ 90 Day Challenge and discover your own amazing transformation!
Tags: 90 day challenge, calories, heart disease, high blood pressure, hunger, illnesses, losing weight